Fireplace

We decided to keep the marble fireplace which has more of a retro look and is not original to the house. It involved cleaning it thoroughly, light sanding where soot had built up heavily and using a poultice powder to pull out a nasty rust stain from a flower pot on the top. This stain was really tough and makes me want to rethink ever getting a marble fireplace. It took about 2 weeks of adding poultice, leaving it covered with plastic wrap, then removing the dried poultice paste that sucked some of the stain out of the stone. We also replaced the black slate that was worn with new pieces.

20140910_085348

 

Before and after of the front parlor. We went with sheer white curtains for privacy from tourists up the hill photographing the house but allowing light to flow in. Nice spot to practice on the piano.

Bay Window in Living Room

20140729_145907