The Master Bath had last been remodeled about 25 years ago. It had a tub, single sink with antique vanity and steam shower from MrSteam. The window behind the tub has one of the most stunning views down Grove Street to City Hall and downtown San Francisco.
We decided to keep the same layout but make better use of the space. Since the chimney and fireplace in the master bedroom were removed, this freed up some additional space to re-position the tub as the centerpiece of the room, while also enjoying a better view out the window. As the room’s focal point, we installed a DXV freestanding soaking tub with statuesque tub filler. A full wall of cabinets with 2 sleek undercounter sinks was possible after moving the tub.
We rebuilt the steam shower with the latest products from MrSteam. Shower niches were built in to place soaps etc and a sit down bench finished in marble matches the cabinet counters. The glass backsplash tile was carried into the shower and on the entire wall behind the bidet toilet, making the appearance of rain. The high end finishes of the DXV bath sink and shower faucets, plus the incredible experience of the steam shower, make this room an absolute joy to be in!
- Cabinets; Decora Airedale style in Crushed Ice color, 24” deep cabinets, 8’ wide, hanging from wall (no toe kick) ~ 4” off floor
- Counters, transom, shower niches and steam seating bench in Marble Carrera Select
- Field tile Shaw Floors Rockwood in Quarry 12”x24”; 2”x2” mosaic on shower floor; field tile 1/3 x 2/3 offset on floors, stacked horizontal on shower walls, 1/16” tile spacing
- Accent tile: Shaw Floors Atomic Glass in Clay all the way up vertical wall behind toilet; 5” backsplash behind sinks; 9” accent in shower
- Tile Redi shower niches with marble inlaid shelves
- DXV AT200 SpaLet Bidet Toilet; Lyndon Freestanding Soaking Tub with Contemporary Floor Mount Tub Filler; Pop Grande Rectangle Under Counter Lavatory; Percy Wall Mount Faucet with Lever Handles; Percy Personal Shower Set with Hand Shower; Percy Multifunction Showerhead; Percy Thermostatic Wall and Diverter Valves; Percy 24″ Towel Bars, Small Towel Bars, Robe Hooks; all finishings in Brushed Nickel, all fixtures in Canvas White
- MrSteam iSteam steam shower: MS400E Generator; iGenie remote and iControl wall mount panel with wireless interface; Audio Wizard with Bluetooth music; 2 in ceiling speakers; Aromasteam injection; ChromaSteam with LED ceiling light
- Paint: Benjamin Moore Aura Bath & Spa in Upper West Side CSP-70 Matte finish
- Window treatments: Hunter Douglas Designer Screen Shade Constellation 5% solar block in Vanilla with Stainless Steel Chain
- Outlet covers: LeGrand Adorne in Titanium color and covers in Magnesium color
- Vanity lights: George Kovacs LED Tube Lights P5040084 in brushed nickel mounted in wall height mirrors.
- Photo credit: Mitch Shenker Studio