When a previous owner added the garage in the ~1920s, they appear to have landed the stairway in the only logical place it could go — straight up into the powder room at the toilet! The contractors we brought had never seen anything like this before, worthy of snapping a photo. If you were a little tipsy relieving yourself, you could literally fall straight down the stairs!
While walls and floors were open, we relocated the powder room to across the entrance hallway and instead transformed the old powder room into a proper staircase landing with a coat closet next to it. Due to size constraints we found the smallest sink we could to meet clearance code. The UK seems to be the place to shop for these. We also decided to delight our guests with the DXV bidet toilet for ultimate luxury in the commode.
- Field tile Shaw Floors Modern Metal in Stainless Steel 00500 on wall behind washlet, up to ceiling height, and behind sink as backsplash
- Hardwood floor: Shaw Floors Nantucket 4 (4” Maple) in Cisco Beach 00636
- Paint: Benjamin Moore Aura in Vintage Pewter CSP-110 Matte finish
- DXV AT200 SpaLet Bidet Toilet in Canvas White; Keefe Single Lever Lavatory faucet; Contemporary Decorative Bottle Trap
- Progress Lighting P295909 vanity lights (2)
- Sink: Whitehaus WH103SP40-R Wall Mount Sink
- Towel holder: Organize It All Satin Nickel Glass Shelf with Towel Bar 16905
- Photo credit: Mitch Shenker Studio