This second bathroom on the bedroom floor was in dire need of a fix. The toilet plumbing was leaking into the beautiful plaster crown of the entrance hallway below. There was no cabinet space for typical items and the tub was taking up a huge amount of space and was never used.
We moved the toilet to the opposite side behind the door and placed the cabinets and sink where the tub was. We had to make the room a little wider to accommodate 3 sets of cabinets. A glass enclosed shower was placed where the toilet used to be. Our son was the designer of this bath, who choose a more classic look, and a favorite of designers who have visited since.
- Cabinets: Decora Daladier style 21” deep in Stamped Concrete color, 6’ wide total, pedestal legs (no toekick)
- Counter: Quartz Snow White 6’ wide x 22.5” deep
- Field tile: Shaw Floors Rockwood in Quarry 12”x24”, shower floor 2”x2” mosaic; tile run vertical in shower to ceiling not offset and on floor offset 1/3 2/3; 1/16” spacing
- Accent tile: Shaw Floors Atomic Glass in Clay 12″ wide placed vertically in shower on wall next to shower head all the way from floor up; 4” also for backsplash on counter
- Paint: Benjamin Moore Aura Bath & Spa in Sea Salt CSP-95 Matte finish
- Vanity lights: World Imports Ava in Chrome
- DXV: St. George One-piece Elongated Toilet; Pop Grande Rectangle Under Counter Lavatory; Ashbee Widespread Lavatory Faucet with Lever Handles; Ashbee Personal Shower Set with Hand Shower; Randall Multifunction Showerhead; Thermostatic Wall Valve and Diverters; Ashbee Towel Bar, Towel Ring; Tissue Holder and Robe Hook; all finishings in Chrome, all fixtures in Canvas White
In addition, we converted a large front bedroom suite into 2 bedrooms (one used as a study) and added a new bath in between them that replaced a tiny closet. This bath is a jack and jill style, accessible with a door for each bedroom. For extra bathing comfort, we installed a large DXV rain showerhead that matches the distinctive brushed nickel finish of the wall-mount faucet.
- Cabinets: Decora in Harmony style 21” deep in Crushed Ice, 6’ wide, pedestal legs (no toekick)
- Counter: Quartz White 6’ wide x 22.5” deep
- Field tile: Shaw Floors Maximus in Carrara 12”x24”, 2”x2” mosaic shower floor; field tile horizontal stacked on walls with 6” accent just below shower head, on floor tiles offset 1/3 2/3, 1/16″ grout spacing
- Accent tile: Shaw Floors Atomic Glass in Ice placed horizontally 6” shower and 4” counter backsplash
- Paint: Benjamin Moore Aura Bath & Spa in Ally’s Earring CSP-125 Matte finish
- Vanity lights: George Kovacs LED Tube Lights in brushed nickel
- DXV: Lyndon One Piece Elongated Dual Flush Toilet with Plated Dual Flush Actuator; Pop Grande Rectangle Under Counter Lavatory; Percy Wall Mount Faucet with Cross Handles; Percy Personal Shower Set with Hand Shower; Contemporary 10” Round Showerhead (rainshower); Thermostatic Wall Valve and Diverters; Percy Towel bar, Small Towel Bars, Robe Hooks; all finishings in Brushed Nickel, all fixtures in Canvas White
- Laticrete shower niches; Marble Carrera Select accent on niche shelves and shaving corner shelf
- Photo credit: Mitch Shenker Studio